Fullerenes C60 is the primary starting material for the synthesis of organic semiconductors used in solar cells, perovskites, and bio/pharma applications.
High purity Fullerene-C60 (carbon 60, or C60, fullerenes) for use in thermal evaporation systems as either electron acceptors, n-type semiconductors, or interface layers.
High purity solvent-free C60 is also offered as 99.50%+ to 99.99%+ grades, specially formulated for biological oriented R&D and processes demanding ultra-pure fullerenes.
Our C60 fullerene is packed and shipped into high-quality glass amber vials under nitrogen.
Grade: 99.50% (SOL5060X) – Solvent-free – High Purity grade for synthesis
Grade: 99.90% (SOL5060W) – Solvent-free – High Purity grade for synthesis
Grade: 99.95% (SOL5060Y) – Solvent-free – Very High Purity grade for synthesis and Pharma R&D
Grade: 99.99% (SOL5060YY) – Solvent-free – Ultra High Purity grade for synthesis and Pharma R&D
*Solvents and volatiles are removed by subjecting the C60 to a controlled heat-cool process under dynamic inert medical nitrogen in order to suppress oxidation and preserve its pristine nature.
(1) Kurpiers, J., Neher, D. Dispersive Non-Geminate Recombination in an Amorphous Polymer: Fullerene Blend. Sci Rep 6, 26832 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1038/srep26832
(2) “Multifunctional fullerene and metallofullerene based nanobiomaterials”, Author(s): G. Lalwani and B. Sitharaman,NanoLIFE 08/2013; 3:1342003. DOI: 10.1142/S1793984413420038.
(3) “Cationic Fullerenes Are Effective and Selective Antimicrobial Photosensitizers”, Author(s): Tegos, G. P.; Demidova, T. N.; Arcila-Lopez, D.; Lee, H.; Wharton, T.; Gali, H.; Hamblin, M. R. (2005). Chemistry & Biology. 12 (10): 1127–1135.
(4) “The present and future role of photodynamic therapy in cancer treatment”, Author(s): Brown, S.B.; Brown, E.A.; Walker, I. (2004). Lancet Oncology. 5 (8): 497–508
* Price subject to change without prior notice
Products for Research and Development. Laboratory use only by qualified personal. The user should read the available SDS and be aware of any precaution to take. Solarischem shall not be held responsible for any damage resulting from use or handling of this product.