What world do we want?
What future do we want for our children?
At Solaris Chem, we are concerned about leaving behind a legacy to be proud of. We want to contribute to a world that offers a viable future with a better quality of life for all. And we do so with sustainability as our goal. The best use of available resources is our yardstick for our day-to-day work. SUSTAINABILITY is at the core of what we do and our engine for growth, which is why we prioritise the use of GREEN CHEMISTRY, avoid wastes, recover and recycle solvents and materials as much as possible and use renewable hydro-electrical energy to power our operations.
Climate change is one of the most critical challenges facing society today. For Solaris Chem, climate preservation is a key task and an essential part of our strategy. We support the goal of the Paris Agreement to limit global warming to less than 2 °C and are committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal of “Climate Action”. We are aware that we can only achieve success together, with committed policies and a conscientious society.
How can we help ensure and preserve biodiversity?
We depend on the ecosystem and have an impact on it. That is why we have made the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDS) our own.
How do we address BIODIVERSITY?
Solaris Chem helps preserve biodiversity and fosters the sustainable use of natural resources by:
- Recognizing the importance of natural assets.
- Respecting United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDS), as well as the objectives of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
- Continuously monitoring and optimizing our production processes. By doing so, we contribute to energy efficiency, the conservation of resources and climate protection, while reducing emissions to the air and water and avoiding generating excessive wastes.
- Using as a priority environmentally safer green or non-toxic solvents, recycling materials as much as possible and making sure that the material that need to be disposed are handled according to the thigh environment rules in place.
- Providing our customers with innovative products and services that enable them to take advantage of natural resources even more efficiently.
Human rights exist to protect the dignity of each and every person, and our social responsibility is based upon respect for them. Our standards are in line with internationally recognized principles and they meet or even go beyond existing laws and regulations on them.
We back the United Nations’ Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and work to bring our internal guidelines and processes in line with them. We recognize and support the ILO’s core labour standards and the Tripartite declaration of principles concerning multinational enterprises and social policy (MNE Declaration), as well as the OECD’s Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
All Solaris Chem employees work by these principles, which safeguard their safety, health and social and labour standards.